Wednesday, November 12, 2008

They are so lovable!

I've been told countless times that people born with Down syndrome are so lovable.  Unfortunately, Em is sick all the time and can't show us that side very much(sickness=high blood sugar=grouchy).  Today, however, was a rare treat for me.  The morning started off a little rough, she woke up with a cold and it of course was wreaking havoc on the diabetes(that is nothing new).  After her nap she became so lovable with me.  That hardly ever happens since I am the one usually taking care of her medical care, pushing her in home therapy or having to disicipline her during a "meltdown".  I was in heaven, she was hugging and attached to me all afternoon.  It amazes me how her amazing spirit manages to shine through, at times, all of the crap her body is put through.  I can't believe how lucky we are to have her in our family!!!  

Keep your fingers crossed that she won't get pneumonia from this cold...................

1 comment:

jonkas said...

I'm glad that you had a piece of heaven with her!! I love it when she warms right up to me whenever I see her-- thanks for letting us stop by while we were down there-- I love seeing you guys and your cute girls. I really wish we were closer so it could happen more often-- that little piece of heaven Emma brings always puts a smile on my face. :)
Love you lots, Kas